PITTSBURGH - Fire crews battled a row house fire in Pittsburgh's Lawrenceville neighborhood Saturday morning
If you want to receive BREAKING ALERTS, please download our WPXI News App.
The fire was in the 3900 block of Liberty Avenue.
Fire heavily damages structure along the 3900 block of liberty Avenue in #Pittsburgh I’m being told at least one person was rescued from the third floor of the building #wpxi pic.twitter.com/0ZYPkG003M— Stephen Banfield (@coachtvnews) January 12, 2019
At least one person was rescued from the third floor of the building, according to Pittsburgh Fire Chief Darryl Jones.
The person initially tried to escape, but couldn't and retreated back into the building, according to Jones. Firefighters were able to gain entry and get the person out.
The person was transported to the hospital with minor smoke inhalation and is in fair condition.
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for most of the area ahead of snow
- Man leaves 2 lbs of marijuana in Uber, busted by troopers when he went to retrieve it, police say
- Upward of 3 inches of snow possible in some parts of area this weekend
- VIDEO: 11 restaurants to check out during Restaurant Week
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.