PITTSBURGH - The lighted fish is set to sink.
The ownership of the New Federal Cold Storage building at 1501 Smallman confirm they are pushing forward with a plan to demolish the block-sized relic of a structure to make way for a new 21-story office project.
Matt Cassin, a partner of New York-based JMC Holdings, said the company has issued a Request for Proposals to hire a contractor to demolish the 336,0000-square-foot structure, best known to Strip District visitors as the Wholey building, with its fish-festooned sign on the side and three-foot-wide concrete walls.
- Bank robbery suspect shot, killed by police
- Navy verifies UFO videos are real, shouldn't have been released
- Panic in the sky: Delta flight from Atlanta plunges nearly 30,000 feet
- VIDEO: Infant in critical condition with multiple skull and bone fractures
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times