LARKSVILLE, Pa. - A Pennsylvania man is being treated after he was attacked by a bat that had rabies.
The man's dog started barking in the backyard and he said he could tell something was amiss.
His dog escaped the bat, but the man wasn't so lucky.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The Pennsylvania Game Commission sent the bat to a lab for testing and it came back positive for rabies.
The man had three sets of vaccines to keep him from getting sick.
The type of bat involved is not common in Pennsylvania.
- Teenager dies after accidentally being shot in the face
- "I just kinda knew it wasn't right.." Convincing new phone scam impacting our area
- British Airways grounds nearly all flights as pilots strike
- VIDEO: Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.