WEST MIFFLIN, Pa. — Organizers of a West Mifflin youth football team allegedly falsified documents in order to field a player years older -- and much bigger -- than the league allowed, parents and league officials say.
That player, who turns 14 in September, took the field with 10-year-olds and sent five Charleroi players to the hospital with injuries after a recent Washington/Greene Youth Football League game, parents told Channel 11.
Katherine Kasper said she can't forget the image of her son being hit so hard on the field that his arm snapped behind his back.
“He’s 85 pounds," she said. "He was getting hit by a 285-pound teenager who should not have been on that field."
- All state prisons in Pennsylvania put on lockdown after unknown substance exposures
- FDA announces another blood pressure medication recall
- Greensburg diocese suspends priest after abuse allegation made
- RAW VIDEO: Fishermen ram boats during trade war
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group