PENN HILLS, Pa. - At least one person is dead following a car crash in Penn Hills.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Officer identified the victim as Joseph Picard, 66, of Pittsburgh.
The crash happened just before 2 p.m. on Saltsburg Road near the McDonalds, and police said Picard was crossing the road when he was hit by a car.
"I heard it happen. We were getting out of the car and you can hear a real loud screech and then a big bang. And my son said, 'Mommy, mommy, the guy got hit. He’s on the ground,'" Tammy Guastaferro said.
Saltsburg Road was closed for several hours while police investigated, but reopened around 5:15 p.m.
The driver of the vehicle that hit him stopped and was talking to investigators.
- FBI looking for three of 33 people federally indicted on drug charges
- ‘What the heck?' Creepy creature shows up on security cam, leaves homeowner dumbfounded
- College student uses Snapchat's gender swap feature to catch cop accused of seeking underage hookup
- VIDEO: Triple shooting during graduation party at Airbnb leaves 1 dead
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.