PENN HILLS, Pa. - A former Penn Hills school could soon be redeveloped into a senior living facility.
The project now depends on the approval of funding from the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency.
A housing development company is looking to take the old Forbes Elementary School and redevelop it into a senior housing facility.
“We're going to make it net zero which means over a calendar year we're going to try to generate all our utility needs on site with solar panels and super efficient construction,” Victor Rodriguez, president of AM Rodriquez Associates said.
Watch the full report from Channel 11's Marlisa Goldsmith above to hear more about how this project differs from others in the area.
- Notre Dame Cathedral fire: 'Entire fire is out,' official says; billionaires pledge donations
- Maker of Chips Ahoy! recalling some products due to 'unexpected' ingredient
- PHOTOS: Fire at Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral
- VIDEO: 6-year-old boy helps save grandmother from house fire
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.