PITTSBURGH - The University of Pittsburgh Police assisted city police in the investigation of two reported burglaries, according to a campus crime alert.
The first burglary reportedly occurred between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of McKee Place. The second, according to the crime alert, also occurred Friday night, between 8:45 p.m. and midnight, in the 300 block of Meyran Avenue.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive breaking news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Police said cash, credit cards and a football jersey were stolen.
There is no suspect description, police said. There were no signs of forced entry and no injuries were reported.
Channel 11 spoke with people who live in the area, and they felt that whoever is behind the burglaries is probably zeroing in on students.
"Just like so many people like students probably not locking their doors, so it's an easy target there," said Avery Perosa, a Pitt student.
Anyone with information about these incidents should call Pitt Police at 412-624-2121 or city police at 412-422-6520.
- Local woman's tragic story an example of alarming trend that's concerning doctors, expectant mothers
- Collision between trains causes massive derailment in Hempfield
- Man dies after large trench collapse in Washington County
- VIDEO: Local couple gets married in hospital ICU after man's sudden heart issues
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.