PITTSBURGH - Gateway Health will lay off about 100 employees, mostly home based, who worked for the insurer on a Medicaid contract in West Virginia.
Gateway Health said in a notice to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry that the employees will be losing their jobs between July 15 and July 29. It's due to the July 1 end of the West Virginia Family Health contract for the West Virginia Medicaid program. It was a joint venture of Highmark and community health programs in West Virginia. The Gateway employees provided administrative and support services over the contract.
- Video appears to show man taking bath in kitchen sink of Florida Wendy's
- Teen couldn't bring boyfriend to prom, takes him to Pirates game instead
- Man, 69, shot to death while delivering newspapers
- VIDEO: Dog Owner Upset After Pet Cam Caught Petsitter Walking Around Naked in Her Home
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times