PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh community stood in solidarity with the Legacy International Worship Center on Sunday.
Members of others faiths rallied behind their Christian neighbors after a Syrian refugee, Mustafa Alowemer, was arrested Wednesday for allegedly planning a terror attack on the North Side church.
Reading this in the WPXI News App? Click the + next to the headline to subscribe to alerts for the latest details on the investigation into Mustafa Alowemer.
Worshippers said they are fortunate to be able to stand together with neighbors and do what they do every Sunday.
"We are so luck this is a happy moment. This is what neighbors do for each other," said Melissa Hiller of the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh.
Watch a full report from Channel 11's Shelley Bortz above.
- 7 riders killed by truck were part of Marine veterans 'JarHeads' motorcycle club
- Man attacks woman with knife during fight on PAT bus, police say
- 'Dog the Bounty Hunter's' Beth Chapman in medically induced coma
- VIDEO: Century III Mall to be torn down
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.