PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh franchise helped set the Guinness World Record for the largest ball of lint.
Dryer Vent Wizard collected lint from more than 9,000 communities across the country to raise awareness regarding the danger of clothes dryer fires.
The company's corporate team and franchisees went to Michigan to compile the big ball of lint, which was weighed and then set on fire by a fire department.
The ball of lint ended up being 690 pounds, 19 feet, 6 inches in circumference and 4 feet, 4 inches tall.
The company started collecting the lint in April.
- Woman missing after last being seen at Rostraver Township home
- 19-year-old woman tried to carjack off-duty sheriff deputy, police say
- Local school district using new technology to keep students safe
- VIDEO: Dangerous drug possibly connected to overdoses at Allegheny County rehab center
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.