PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh lobbyist is accused of stealing more than $100,000 from small businesses.
Joseph Kuklis, 48, who operates a government consulting firm called Wellington Strategies, is accused of charging small business owners a consulting fee with the promise of helping them get grants.
Kuklis is not only accused of lying to six businesses about applying for the grants from the Pennsylvania Department of Economic Development, he’s accused of telling the owners they won. When business owners called to collect, they learned Kuklis never submitted applications and had forged documents, the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office said.
Kuklis is facing several charges including corrupt organizations, deceptive or fraudulent business practices, and forgery.
The attorney general’s office said believes there may be more victims. If you are a small business owner who thinks you might have been a victim, call their office at 412-880-0464.
- A phone-free show: Concert at Stage AE will have restrictions for your cell
- Trump to promote turning natural gas into plastics in Pa.
- Tanker hauling 8,000 gallons of gasoline crashes over an embankment
- VIDEO: Mother, 10-year-old son found shot to death in Crawford County
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.