Mac Miller, who grew up in Point Breeze to become a chart-topping rap artist, died Friday at the age of 26.
His death sent shockwaves through Pittsburgh, which had embraced the charismatic rapper who named his first album after his childhood playground.
Some of the reaction:
- Pittsburgh reacts to shocking death of Mac Miller
- PHOTOS: Mac Miller given key to the city
- WATCH: Mac Miller raps with Pittsburgh Steelers
- WATCH: Pittsburgh native Mac Miller given key to city on 'Mac Miller Day'
- WATCH: Mac Miller celebrates new album 'GO:OD AM' with bowling tournament in Lawrenceville
The impact stretched beyond western Pennsylvania into the music community at large.
Cox Media Group