PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is home to four new Canadian lynx kittens.
Born May 8 to mom Chayne, the kittens -- Bjorn, Ragnar, Helga and Lagertha -- have already started to undergo changes in their first seven weeks.
Zoo officials said the kittens were born blind, toothless and weighed less than a pound. By about week two, their bright blue eyes opened.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The kittens are also learning to meow and have become more active and curious, starting to venture outside the nesting den.
As they mature, the kittens’ eye color will darken to a brownish hazel and their light gray fur will darken with black markings.
The kittens, which are Chayne’s second litter born at the Pittsburgh Zoo, will have their first baby wellness exams Wednesday.
- Man killed trying to force way into home
- Woman taunts McDonald's employee for sleeping at work; turns out there's more to the story
- Undercover officers may be getting drunk on the job, Target 11 discovers
- VIDEO: Common drugs linked to dementia
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.