PLUM, Pa. - The father of a 3-year-old girl who drowned last week in a pool at a home in Plum Borough has been arrested and charged, police said Friday.
Ca'Nayah Mitchell drowned in her family's backyard pool on Aug. 1. Her father, 27-year-old Charles Mitchell, is charged with involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment.
According to police paperwork, Ca'Nayah was unsupervised when she went into the water and when police went into the home, they found several bottles of opened alcohol in the kitchen.
Mitchell lives at the home with a significant other, and his daughter and 4-year-old son were visiting for a couple days, police said.
Mitchell is in the Allegheny County Jail.
- 3 hospitals, 2 other businesses targeted with bomb threats Thursday night
- Police make arrest in double stabbing at bus stop in downtown Pittsburgh
- Mom, 2 daughters accused of stealing $250K from company
- VIDEO: Family, friends gather to celebrate Nick Cumer's life
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.