PITTSBURGH - Police cars blocked off a street late Monday night after a man was found shot in Pittsburgh’s Perry South neighborhood.
A ShotSpotter notification and 911 calls alerted police shortly before midnight to shots fired in the 2200 block of Wilson Avenue, authorities said.
Officers responded to the area and found a man suffering from one gunshot wound to the abdomen and another to the lower leg, police said. He was taken to a hospital, where he underwent surgery.
A heavy police presence formed along Wilson Avenue, in the area of Cutler Street, as officers searched the area.
- Photos: Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral on fire
- Notre Dame Cathedral fire: What religious relics were stored there?
- 1 adult, 18 juveniles facing charges related to assault during Michael Rosfeld protest
- VIDEO: Derry Borough mayor accused of pointing gun at boy who got into fight with son
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.