SOUTH HUNTINGDON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Emergency responders said they were checking the availability of a medical helicopter after a person was hit by a car near I-70.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for stories out of Westmoreland County. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Officials with Westmoreland County 911 said the person was hit on Route 31 just before 8:30 Saturday morning.
The victim was injured, but it's not clear to what extent at this point.
State Police are still investigating and the crash scene appeared to be near a construction zone.
- 'You don't expect to bury your kids.' Family of man gunned down in local store speaks out
- Man lived with bodies of mom, aunt for years to collect benefits, deputies say
- Suspects in deadly Penn Hills home invasion arrested 2,400 miles away
- VIDEO: Thieves targeting catalytic converters from vehicles for huge profit
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.