Police said the threat was received at the Time Warner building at 25 Columbus Circle Thursday night.
CNN said several fire alarm bells signaling an evacuation rang inside its newsroom shortly after 10:30 p.m.
In a tweet, CNN's Brian Stelter said the office had been evacuated and that CNN was airing taped programming.
In October, the building was partially evacuated after a suspicious package containing a crude pipe bomb was delivered to the company.
- PHOTOS: Dozens arrested during drug sweep in Mon Valley
- Police release names of 32 arrested in Mon Valley drug sweep
- Infant ibuprofen sold at Walmart, CVS, Family Dollar recalled
- VIDEO: OSU Installs Bacon Vending Machine
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.