MCKEESPORT, Pa. — Police issued 70 warrants Wednesday for people suspected of trafficking drugs in the Monongahela Valley, the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office said.
PHOTOS: Allegheny County's Most Wanted
Officers have taken 27 men and five women into custody. Police also seized two handguns and one assault rifle.
The arrests were made in connection with the alleged trafficking of heroin and crack cocaine in McKeesport.
The raid started in the early-morning hours and those accused of drug offenses -- major and minor ones -- were brought to the Palisades Event Center in McKeesport before going before the local magistrate.
The warrants are the result of a lengthy investigation with several police agencies, the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office said.
- 300-pound Erie woman pleads guilty in crushing death of 120-pound boyfriend
- Man, woman shot in car before crashing into porch
- A year after devastating spinal injury, Shazier making big strides
- VIDEO: Pennsylvania teacher says Catholic school fired her over her pregnancy
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group