PITTSBURGH - Pollen levels are running high across the region, as spring is in full bloom across the region.
Tree pollen has been causing many of you to feel stuffy or have a scratchy throat lately. Oak, mulberry and birch trees have been the three main causes of the high pollen levels the last few days.
If you want to receive ALERTS about weather, please download our WPXI News App.
While many of us don't like rain, the rain actually helps with our allergies. Rain knocks pollen down and keeps it out of the air. That is why you might feel a little relief on a rainy day or when a quick shower or thunderstorm pops up.
- ATM card of missing woman used in days since her disappearance, police expanding search
- Restaurant turns tables on food waste, turning unused portions into short-turn dishes
- Questions continue to linger 1 year after teacher's murder in Aliquippa
- VIDEO: Attempted carjacking ends with suspect in custody in Beaver County
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.