PITTSBURGH — The Port Authority bus that ended up in a sinkhole in downtown Pittsburgh is now back in service.
The Port Authority said the bus was damaged Oct. 28 when the road collapsed underneath it as it was stopped at a traffic light on 10th Street.
The back of the bus fell into a 20-foot deep sinkhole and a crane was used to get it out.
The bus was repaired and repainted and put back in rotation this weekend.
The section of 10th Street remains closed.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
- Pittsburgh street could be closed for months after bus is swallowed by sinkhole
- Downtown disruption: Massive sinkhole impacting Pittsburgh businesses
- Rain a big concern for sinkhole that swallowed PAT bus in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Bus in the sinkhole scene now a holiday ornament, cupcakes and more
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group