PITTSBURGH - Hundreds enjoyed the Columbus Day Parade on Saturday in Bloomfield.
The parade returned this year after a year's hiatus. It was canceled last year after the organizer died.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news.
CLICK HERE to find out how.
Protesters showed up at the parade and tried to slow it down, but the parade continued down Liberty Avenue.
Earlier in the week, a flyer was mailed to residents and businesses claiming that the parade organizers found out that Columbus Day was an offensive holiday and chose to cancel the event.
Organizers were quick to tell everyone that was not the case and the parade was still scheduled.
- Mysterious lights in sky off North Carolina's Outer Banks caught on camera
- SKYLIGHTS 2019: Week 7 high school football scores
- Man travels 45 minutes to meet 16-year-old, instead met by girls parents, police
- VIDEO: Firefighter hurt battling fire in Greensburg
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.