State health officials will hold a public meeting to discuss test results after concerns of a cancer cluster in the Canon-Mac School District.
For months, Channel 11 has been investigating the number of Ewing's Sarcoma cases and other childhood cancers in the district. There have been six cases in the school district over the last 10 years.
In April, a Department of Health report found no evidence of a cancer cluster, but a public meeting to discuss those findings was never held.
- Firefighter taken to hospital, roof collapses after large fire at Pittsburgh church
- Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- Local home mistakenly shot up with baby sleeping inside after incident at bar, police say
- VIDEO: School planning to add additional security after stadium shooting
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
That's because the report had to first be verified by the Centers for Disease Control, according to officials.
A public meeting is now scheduled for Monday, Oct. 7.
It starts at 6 p.m. in the Canon-Macmillan High School auditorium.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.