PITTSBURGH — The Pennsylvania Water and Sewer Authority is getting a $35 million loan and a $13 million grant to replace 2,800 lead pipes across the city.
The money will be devoted exclusively to replacing lead lines, some of which are nearly 100 years old.
Even with the $50 million in loans and grants, PWSA Executive Director Bob Weimar said customer rates will likely increase as initially planned.
Watch a full report from Channel 11's Aaron Martin below:
- 16-year-old girl charged in connection with threat against local school district
- Police track down suspected drug dealers in McKees Rocks
- Second person charged in connection with New Castle triple homicide
- Rihanna Turned Down Super Bowl Halftime Show in Solidarity with Colin Kaepernick
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group