Three cats tested positive for rabies in Westmoreland County.
They were found in Mt. Pleasant, Irwin and South Huntingdon. At least five people were treated after being exposed or scratched by the cats.
Westmoreland and Allegheny counties have some of the highest cases of rabies in the state this year.
Westmoreland County has 14 cases, including skunks and foxes. Allegheny County has 16, the majority of which are from raccoons.
- Antonio Brown accused of raping former trainer; Patriots, Steelers release statements
- Hazmat suits needed as crews remove over 100 dogs from Ross Twp. home
- The Budweiser 9/11 tribute ad that aired only once
- VIDEO: Former Pittsburgh Steelers player Sam Davis remembered by family, teammates
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.