ROBINSON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A raccoon found in a local neighborhood has tested positive for rabies.
According to the Allegheny County Health Department, the animal was found near North Petrie Road in Robinson Township and was dropped off at one of its facilities for testing.
It is the 17th rabid animal reported in Allegheny County so far in 2019.
Officials said people should avoid wild and stray animals and notify their local animal control service if they notice any animal appearing to act strange or threatening.
- PA double homicide suspect spotted in Florida
- Man stabbed in downtown Pittsburgh was chased to Market Square, police say
- Fire chief: Smoke detectors lacking at Pa. child care where 5 died
- VIDEO: Pa. lawmaker wants to bring back registration stickers for license plates
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.