PITTSBURGH - The man authorities said was driving the SUV that Rahmael Holt jumped out of before killing New Kensington police officer Brian Shaw has been transferred to a different prison, according to our news partners at the Trib.
>>> RELATED STORY: What we know about Tavon Harper, driver involved in officer’s shooting death <<<
Assistant District Attorney Jim Lazar said Tavon Harper was transferred from the Westmoreland County Jail to Washington County "for his protection."
Harper testified in Holt's trial on Nov. 5., placing him in the SUV and saying he saw Holt carrying a .40 caliber handgun on the day of the shooting in 2017.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for news stories. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The Trib reports Harper is scheduled for trial on charges of fleeing police and possessing drugs early next month.
- Navy veteran found dead in his apartment died 3 years prior, medical examiner says
- Sex offender removed from hospital during birth of his child
- Body of missing Bethel Park woman identified after being found in Nevada desert
- VIDEO: Mom furious about tattoo daughter got during class at local high school
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.