PITTSBURGH - PennDOT said crews will closed one lane of Route 28 starting Wednesday at 9 a.m. to determine what is causing torrential flooding on the highway.
"Highway 28, there is a large amount of water coming off the Troy Hill area behind the barrier. It's carrying a lot of debris with it which covers the inlets very quickly," Senior Highway Maintenance Manager Lori Musto said.
PennDOT officials said the clogged drains could be one reason for the flooding. Another could be illegal dumping in Troy Hill.
Want more details? Watch the video above for more.
- Double shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 in the hospital
- Florida man makes sign after panhandler rejects his job offer
- Can you help? A 10-year-old girl is missing and police are looking for her
- VIDEO: Norwin sophomore identified as teen killed in fall at YMCA camp
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.