PITTSBURGH — A security guard was injured during an incident at a Pittsburgh school, the third where a staff member was injured in recent weeks.
According to a spokesperson for the Pittsburgh Public Schools, the guard was responding to an incident Thursday afternoon involving a student at King PreK-8 on Pittsburgh's North Side.
- Superintendent addresses attacks on Pittsburgh teachers
- Incident involving teacher, student at same school where recent attacked stemmed from
- Bail denied for woman accused of attacking Pittsburgh teacher
- Second suspect in attack on Pittsburgh teacher surrenders to police
- Second person charged in attack on Pittsburgh teacher
- 'She is going to get it,' woman accused of saying before attack on teacher
The guard was taken to Allegheny General Hospital for treatment. The guard was later released.
The student involved was transported to a "facility," according to the spokesperson. Additional details about that facility were not provided.
This is the third incident in recent weeks at Pittsburgh King PreK-8 involving a staff member.
Earlier in the day Thursday, Superintendent Anthony Hamlet met with teachers to hear their concerns and figure out what can be done to improve issues at the school.
- Man charged with homicide in case of missing Fayette County woman
- Baby dies from carfentanil toxicity
- Mother of officer killed in Las Vegas shooting dies of a broken heart, family says
- VIDEO: Amazon Key allows packages to be dropped off inside when you're not home
Cox Media Group