PITTSBURGH - A “serial bank robber” for whom police issued two arrest warrants was shot and killed Wednesday night as he threatened a woman with a knife in Wilkinsburg, investigators said.
Shawn Stevens, 49, was on parole for a previous bank robbery when he robbed two more banks this month in Pittsburgh, and a third Wednesday afternoon.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The robberies happened in Shadyside, Squirrel Hill and Edgewood, police said.
When authorities searched an apartment in Wilkinsburg Wednesday night, they found Stevens, who was shot and killed as he threatened a woman with a knife, investigators said.
- Infant in critical condition with multiple skull and bone fractures, father charged
- Navy verifies UFO videos are real, shouldn't have been released
- Police officer accused of sexually assaulting woman in police vehicle
- VIDEO: Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez denied bail, facing more charges
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.