PITTSBURGH - The family of Shakiem Williams said not a day went by they did not grieve the loss of their son, brother and father. Four years after the crime, they said they finally have some answers.
Channel 11 was on Woodlow Street in Crafton Heights on July 30, 2015 when Williams was robbed at gunpoint, then shot and killed.
Neighbors said that night was hard to forget.
"All I heard was a lot noise, people running, people saying stayin the house," described neighbor Lashall Joyner.
A single piece of evidence, a piece of a dreadlock, would prove key in this case. Police said the victim's phone at the crime scene led to two persons of interest and a common denominator between them was Aaron Cross.
>>>>>RELATED: NYC man found fatally shot on Pittsburgh street
In February 2019, Cross was arrested on drug and gun charges and his DNA was entered into a national database. Police in Allegheny County said within days, they were notified that a sample from Cross matched DNA found on Woodlow Street.
- Pa. school district threatens to take custody if parents don't pay students' lunch bills
- Yet again, an alligator was caught in our area; this time at the grocery store
- 'I would do it again even if I did die': Uncle rushes into burning home to rescue niece
- VIDEO: Dog leashed to back of tow truck
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.