HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A teen is accused of starting the fire that tore through the Sheldon Park public housing complex last month.
Channel 11 has learned the 16-year-old reportedly set fire to a towel to start the blaze.
The total damage was estimated at $500,000. In total, three people lost their homes and everything inside.
A county investigator told Channel 11's Damany Lewis it took so long to file charges because officers were taking their time looking into the case.
The boy is chanrged with arson, something police hope will send a message.
- GREENSBURG SHOOTING: Coroner called to Greensburg home after shooting
- Horrified mother watches son, boyfriend drown as powerful rip current drags them out to sea
- Family says kindergartner was ‘lunch shamed,' school officials respond
- VIDEO: Shooting victim in bullet-ridden SUV flags down police
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.