PITTSBURGH - An 18-year-old has been charged in the assault of a man with autism.
Channel 11 told first time you about the attack in July, when the victim was attacked from behind while walking from the busway in Sheraden.
Police arrested Michael Spencer, who they say was with an underage girl at the time, for the attack.
The victim has autism and was riding the bus from Oakland after a special needs class.
The girl allegedly hit the victim, then Spencer joined in.
Police said the victim continued on his way, despite cuts and bruises, but when he passed in front of a local market the pair confronted him and began hitting him again.
Port Authority cameras that were positioned toward the busway ramp led police to Spencer and the girl.
- PA double homicide suspect spotted in Florida
- Man stabbed in downtown Pittsburgh was chased to Market Square, police say
- Fire chief: Smoke detectors lacking at Pa. child care where 5 died
- VIDEO: Pa. lawmaker wants to bring back registration stickers for license plates
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.