PITTSBURGH - The city of Pittsburgh is prepared for a winter storm that movied into the area Sunday evening.
The Department of Public Works began its overnight work four hours early, at 6 p.m. instead of 10 p.m.
According to a release, 48 trucks will be deployed through the Monday morning commute.
The city's new Snow Plow Tracker, which returned to service on Jan. 31, will be activated as well.
- LIVE UPDATES: Pittsburgh school, business closings and delays
- 2 killed in crash on I-80 in Mercer County
- Five kids, ages 12-16, charged in shooting death of Nashville musician
- VIDEO: Kennywood's newest roller coaster 'Steel Curtain' taking shape
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.