HEMPFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Political signs were torched in Westmoreland County and police are now looking for the arsonist.
The edges of the signs are charred and the grass is burned underneath.
The person responsible set fire to two signs and ripped down two more along Route 30 in Hempfield Township.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive news alerts in Westmoreland County. CLICK HERE to find out how.
All of the signs belonged to Democratic candidates.
"In a climate that's as divided as it seems to be at times," said Ted Kopas (D) a county commissioner, "It's shameful, it's unacceptable and hurts our politics in general."
The county's Republican chairman told Channel 11 whoever is doing this needs to "grow up."
- Police find car sought in connection with woman's body found in local park; 2 people detained
- 117 dogs removed from home in largest rescue on record for Animal Friends
- Man killed in crash with sanitation truck on Route 51
- VIDEO: Hundreds of yellow cars show up for boy fighting cancer
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.