WINDBER, Pa. - Cleanup crews have been at the scene of a coal train derailment in Windber throughout the day Tuesday.
The fire chief in that area said all the derailed cars should be removed by Tuesday night, but cleaning up the spilled coal and repairing the tracks could take weeks.
Officials said about a dozen cars went off the tracks Monday night.
Norfolk Southern officials said they are working to find out what caused the derailment.
- Man killed trying to force way into home
- Woman taunts McDonald's employee for sleeping at work; turns out there's more to the story
- Undercover officers may be getting drunk on the job, Target 11 discovers
- VIDEO: Common drugs linked to dementia
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.