PITTSBURGH - A space heater is being blamed for starting a house fire in Pittsburgh's Sheraden neighborhood.
The fire started around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at a two-story home in the 2200 block of Zephyr Avenue.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive Allegheny County news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Dozens of firefighters arrived and have been containing the flames for nearly two hours.
Fire officials said the homeowner, her daughter and two pets – a turtle and a dog – were inside the home when the flames broke out.
They all made it out safely, and Channel 11's Amy Hudak spotted the fire chief carrying her turtle out of the house.
- SUV ends up inside Hallmark store after crashing through front window, video shows
- Plans laid out for Hyperloop route with stops in Pittsburgh
- 10-week-old puppy has tail growing out of his forehead
- VIDEO: Blind woman mugged while walking home from local church
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.