PITTSBURGH - A man is in grave condition and a woman is being questioned after a shooting Wednesday morning in Pittsburgh's Spring Hill neighborhood, police said.
Multiple shots were fired shortly before 10:30 a.m. in the area of Rhine Street, police said. Officers were alerted to the shots by a ShotSpotter notification.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The 31-year-old man was shot multiple times, and officers provided aid to him until paramedics arrived. He was taken to a hospital in critical/grave condition, according to authorities.
The ShotSpotter system and cameras in the area were used to identify a suspect vehicle and a woman who police said is a person of interest.
Judith White, 32, of Spring Hill, was charged with criminal attempted homicide, aggravated assault and a gun violation. She is currently being held at the Allegheny County Jail awaiting arraignment.
According to the criminal complaint, White said she was standing outside talking to a friend when the victim approached her. She told police the victim was yelling and threatening to kill her and that he spat on her and threw something at her.
That's when she said she shot the gun "until it wouldn't stop," according to the criminal complaint. When police asked if she shot the victim, she only responded by saying, "My life is over."
- Diocese says closing schools promotes better learning for students
- State asks Kennywood why they keep closing The Steel Curtain
- Mom claims pair posing as Child Protection Services workers tried to take son; police investigating
- VIDEO: Soon-to-be brides out of a reception venue after facility abruptly closes
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.