HARRISBURG, Pa. — 725 more people were confirmed to have coronavirus in Pennsylvania, bringing the statewide total cases to 66,983 people.
There were 5,096 total deaths from COVID-19, an increase of 112 people over Friday. 321,469 people have tested negative so far. The state reports about 59% of people have recovered from the virus.
In nursing and personal care homes, there are 14,486 resident cases of COVID-19, and 2,437 cases among employees, for a total of 16,923 at 589 distinct facilities in 44 counties. Out of our total deaths, 3,349 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities.
About 5,064 cases are in health care workers.
Here is a local county breakdown:
- Allegheny Co.: 1,753 positive cases, 26,185 negative tests
- Armstrong Co.: 58 positive cases, 1,112 negative tests
- Beaver Co.: 552 positive cases, 3,220 negative tests
- Butler Co.: 216 positive cases, 3,371 negative tests
- Clarion Co.: 28 positive cases, 636 negative tests
- Fayette Co.: 94 positive cases, 2,863 negative tests
- Forest Co.: 7 positive cases, 64 negative tests
- Greene Co.: 27 positive cases, 694 negative tests
- Indiana Co.: 89 positive cases, 1,128 negative tests
- Lawrence Co.: 74 positive cases, 1,138 negative tests
- Mercer Co.: 103 positive cases, 1,327 negative tests
- Venango Co.: 8 positive cases, 453 negative tests
- Washington Co.: 135 positive cases, 3,777 negative tests
- Westmoreland Co.: 437 positive cases, 8,131 negative tests
Also Saturday, the state reported delivering its third shipment of remdesivir to 81 hospitals. A number of those facilities are in southwestern Pennsylvania.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group