FREEDOM, Pa. - A Beaver County man is behind bars, accused in the death of his toddler stepson.
Police said the toddler died at a home in Freedom over the weekend.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Beaver County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Police said Ty Lucente, of Freedom, admitted to taking Suboxone, for which he did not have a prescription, and falling asleep on top of the 2-year-old boy.
“My son was the most happy, bubbly, amazing little boy,” said Alana Darroch, the boy's mother.
- Man linked to slain teacher Rachael DelTondo found unconscious
- 'Game of Thrones' fans spot plastic water bottles in series finale
- 3 men from W. Pa. among 16 arrested in child sex sting
- VIDEO: Woman, 22, collapses, dies while running Cleveland Marathon
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Instead of celebrating Mikey's 2nd birthday in a few weeks, Darroch is planning his funeral. She said she never thought anything would happen to her kids while Lucente was watching them.
“Ty was a loving, caring father figure in my son’s lie. He took care of all of us. So what happened? I don’t know,” she said.
Darroch said she lost her son and her boyfriend.
“I don’t know if I can look him in the eyes just yet,” she said.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.