MT. OLIVER, Pa. — Police in Mt. Oliver are searching for two suspects who broke into a house on Fremont Street and shot at the owner when he arrived.
According to police, the owner called 911 around 3 p.m. when he realized there were people inside his home.
If you want to receive BREAKING ALERTS, please download our WPXI News App. You can also follow WPXI on Facebook and Twitter
One of the two suspects shot at the owner but did not hit him.
Unsure if the suspects were still inside, SWAT members were called and searched the house, but they did not find anyone.
A SWAT situation on Fremont St, Mt Oliver / Arlington area. Several agencies on scene. #wpxiphotogs #wpxi pic.twitter.com/EmAK7rGt9I— Andy Coulter (@WPXIPhotogAndy) December 20, 2018
The Mt. Oliver police chief said the search is still continuing in the area and that people who live in the community should lock their doors, since the two people have not been caught.
Police are trying to determine if the home was targeted or if this was a random attack.
The incident began around 1:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
A woman who lives at the home told Channel 11 she and her neighbors have surveillance video that captured the incident.
- Pittsburgh Steelers JuJu Smith-Schuster goes undercover as Santa Claus
- Trump Administration tightening work requirements for food stamps
- Coroner called to Westmoreland Co. house fire
- VIDEO: Wolf says he's a realist on issue of recreational marijuana
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group