Taco Bell will start testing a vegetarian menu later this year.
The restaurant will unveil limited-time vegetarian and vegan items as part of the test.
It will also highlight the restaurant's current vegetarian options, including tacos, tostadas, burritos and Crunchwraps.
- 1 hospitalized, 1 in custody after attempted stabbing in Mt. Lebanon
- Police: Driver in Utah crash was doing 'Bird Box' challenge
- Upward of 3 inches of snow possible in some parts of area this weekend
- VIDEO: 11 restaurants to check out during Restaurant Week
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Since 2015, Taco Bell has been offering options that are certified vegetarian by the American Vegetarian Association.
This is the first time that the company will have the vegetarian menu highlighted in stores.
According to a Gallup poll conducted last year, 5% of Americans identify as vegetarians.
The poll also found that being vegetarian is slightly more popular among Americans younger than 50 years old.
© 2020 Cox Media Group