MOUNT PLEASANT, Pa. - A teenage girl walking with earbuds in was struck by a train in Westmoreland County.
Nineteen-year-old Miranda Cook of Uniontown had just left a hardware store and was walking along the tracks near West Main Street in Mount Pleasant when she was struck.
The train operator said he was blowing on the horn, but the girl apparently did not hear it.
Cookonly suffered a cut on her head and a broken ankle.
Officials said this could have been much worse if the train had been moving faster.
- Texts between driver, owner of car in deadly hit-and-run help lead to arrest
- New Hampshire school cafeteria worker fired for giving food to student who couldn't pay
- Missing pregnant woman found slain with baby cut from womb, Chicago police say
- VIDEO: Window washers trapped in dangling lift rescued by Oklahoma City firefighters
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.