PITTSBURGH - Tens of thousands of people in our area are dealing with power outages due to downed trees and power lines. The power outages led to delays at school districts across the area.
Duquesne Light said it could take multiple days to fully restore power to affected customers. All available crews will continue to work around the clock on 16-hour shifts.
For LIVE UPDATES on which roads are closed due to downed trees and powerlines and which neighborhods are dealing with the worst damage - CLICK HERE.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- LIVE UPDATES: Strong winds cause damage; wind advisory in effect through Monday morning
- Tens of thousands of customers without power due to high winds
- 5 hacks to keep your smartphone charged during a power outage
- VIDEO: Kennywood's newest ride sets record before it even opens
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.