HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A dig for a time capsule at a former elementary school in Harrison Township came up empty Saturday, Channel 11’s news exchange partners at TribLIVE reported.
The time capsule was buried in the early 1950s near a flagpole outside the old Riverview Elementary.
After several hours of digging with an excavator, all that was found were a few rocks and old wiring from lighting previously installed near the flagpole, according to TribLIVE.
Several theories about the missing time capsule include the possibility that it was previously dug up, it disintegrated over the years or volunteers were digging in the wrong spot, TribLIVE reported.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
- 13 prison employees suspended in Pennsylvania inmate death
- Man hit, killed walking on the Parkway West near the Ft. Pitt Tunnels
- Passenger dies after falling four stories from Carnival Cruise ship
- VIDEO: Man hit, killed walking on the Parkway West near the Ft. Pitt Tunnels
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.