CALIFORNIA, Pa. - A Mon Valley youth soccer coach is accused of a sex offense involving a minor.
Channel 11 is looking into the allegations against Timothy Cribbins, the president and coach of the California Youth Soccer Club.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to breaking news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Cribbins was indicted by a federal grand jury accused of sending obscene material to a person under the age of 16.
"It's always surprising and shocking when we find out someone in the soccer community has been arrested or indicted for these types of behaviors," Tim McCoy, executive director of the Pennsylvania West Soccer Association, said.
According to McCoy, there is no indication the victim or victims were involved with or played youth soccer.
McCoy also told Channel 11 that Cribbins had passed three security clearances.
"Mr. Cribbins did have those three clearances when he was cleared and approved to be rostered, and once we found out about it we took appropriate action," he said.
- Reality star Todd Chrisley's daughter says father, brother blackmailing her with sex tape
- Mother: 6-year-old son did not start apartment building fire; police disagree
- Neighbors say they're being overrun by rats
- VIDEO: Fewer parents in our area are vaccinating their children, data says
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.