The next phase of the Parkway North construction project is going to have a big impact on drivers.
All traffic has already been shifted into the new configuration.
Lane closures, traffic shifts and brief traffic stops could still be needed, according to a release by PennDOT.
Here’s what drivers can expect:
- Northbound traffic will shift into the HOV lanes just south of McKnight Road.
- As drivers approach the Perrysville Avenue exit, traffic will split into an express lane and local lane. Drivers in the express lane will not have access to the Perrysville Avenue, Bellevue/West View or Camp Horne Road exits.
- Drivers in the local lane will still have access to those exits.
- Man shot in the head, killed in Pittsburgh neighborhood
- 911 dispatcher placed on leave following teen's suffocation death inside van
- Missing woman's boyfriend in custody
- VIDEO: Century III Mall going up for sheriff's sale
This phase of work will continue through late August, so drivers will be dealing with the lane restrictions for months.
For a complete list of changes due to the project, check out PennDOT’s website.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.