SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A California man is recovering after he was speared by a tripod that crashed through his windshield.
A yellow, steel tripod was thrown into traffic on Interstate 5 in Sacramento on Thursday as a van passed under an overpass. A man in the passenger seat suffered a partially punctured lung and broken ribs, but he is expected to be OK
Driver Tim Page described the frightening encounter.
"When I looked up, I saw a yellow something out of the corner of my eye. When it hit the windshield, then I ducked and kind of bent over, a little late of course. And when I straightened up and looked over, that's when I saw this through the windshield,” he said.
The California Highway Patrol said they arrested a man but they have not yet charged him with the tripod throwing incident because they’re still pursuing an attempted murder charge.
- 2 people accused of prostituting 14-year-old girl
- 3 teens charged in MS-13 killing of 14-year-old girl used machete, baseball bat, police say
- Driver leaves couple trapped in Jeep after it tumbles down NC embankment
- VIDEO: 17 people charged in western Pa. drug ring bust
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.