CANAL WINCHESTER, Ohio - One person has died after a truck crashed into an Ohio medical facility in what authorities are investigating as an intentional attack.
The Fairfield County sheriff says the person killed Friday at Diley Ridge Medical Center was an employee.
Sheriff Dave Phalen told The Columbus Dispatch two others were injured. One was in critical condition. Victims’ names weren’t immediately released. All were standing at the front desk when the truck struck.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for news stories like this one. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Phalen identified the driver as 45-year-old Raymond Leinendeck, of Fairfield County. There was no sign Leinendeck applied pressure to the brakes before the crash, so Phalen said it may have been intentional.
Leinendeck was upset by a psychological evaluation he’d just undergone at the hospital, the sheriff said.
Diley Ridge is an affiliate of the Mount Carmel Health System.
- Police: Man ran from car belonging to woman whose body was found in park; 2 others inside charged
- Threats against local football game causing increased security
- Police searching for man accused of assaulting girlfriend's 1-year-old son
- VIDEO: Prank-loving father gets hilarious obituary
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.