Transportation Security Administration agents have started offering a friendly reminder to travelers about Real ID compliance.
Starting in October 2020, travelers will not be able to fly with just a regular license. A Real ID or a passport will be required -- even for domestic flights.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The Real ID Act was passed after 9/11 to create a single national standard for licenses.
In order to get a Real ID, people are required to prove their identity with four forms of ID. They can include a current driver’s license, passport, social security card, utility bill, payroll stub or birth certificate.
- Animals rescued from home after woman found dead inside
- Man arrested after talking about mass shooting inside local church
- State asks Kennywood why they keep closing The Steel Curtain
- VIDEO: North Hills community proposes changes to dog barking rules
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.