STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Transportation Security Administration officials said they stopped a Pennsylvania man with a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag at University Park Airport on Monday.
A TSA spokesperson said the gun was a 9 mm caliber loaded with eight bullets.
This marked the first gun caught at that airport checkpoint so far this year, TSA officials said.
- Teen boy killed after fall at YMCA camp
- Police arrest man charged with killing girlfriend's 11-month-old daughter
- Police searching for Gabriella Vitale, toddler reported missing from Michigan campsite
- VIDEO: Prosecutors: McKeesport man caught on camera setting rabbi's home on fire
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.